Please support my project : www.nepalcares.com
Today's Chatpat: September 29th, 2023
1. The Asian Games in China is in full swing with the Chinese leading the medals table with 90 Gold medals and more while we have been doing our best at participating while our sports associations' officials are busy enjoying the free vacation. According to media reports, many sports association officials had appointed themselves technical heads to get the free visa, ticket and what not and this is nothing new as it has been going on for ages. Most of our sports bodies' are run by politicians and their jholeys, who see the associations as cash cows to milk the funds while exploiting the athletes.
2. As usual, our CIAA (not the spy agency in America), the Commission for Investigation of Abuse of Authority has been filing cases against elected officials of local units and government officials working for them while the big fishes seem to be untouchable. Low-level government officials are routinely busted and sent to prison while the big heads of government agencies have such a tight connection that to file charges against them are not only difficult but also impossible because then it would shake the whole corruption tree and all rotten fruits would fall down at one go. And we don't want that happening because then without our great politicians and gold-medalist hakim sahebs, Nepal would be a failed state!
3. The government tell us that the annual inflation rate is around 7%. Well, that's like the government saying your 5 anna land in the middle of Durbarmarg is only worth Rs 30 lakhs per anna as per the government dhatta at the local malpot office when in reality, it is worth a minimum Rs 1.5 to 2.5 cr per anna! Most of the prices of daily essential goods have skyrocketed by more than 30-50% this year and it seems that those in power are not interested to provide a simple gaas, baas, kapaas to the common people and only cater to their cadres, contractors and cousins.
4. Some of the government school teachers are still protesting against the government. And our doctors are now taking to the streets to protest against violent attacks against medical professionals across the country. As usual, the Home Ministry promises to take stringent action against such violators. The issue will then be temporarily resolved for a week or two and then the same cycle repeats. It seems that everyone is angry in this country and to vent their frustration, we seek soft targets because we can't do anything when it comes to our politicians, government officials and cadres looting the country till it has nothing more to loot!
5. Dashain is coming and neither are the exploited consumers happy nor are our tax evading byaparis. The only people who are happy during Dashain are our government officials and politicians because their subordinates and jholeys and byaparis will send khasis, whiskeys and even cash gifts to the thulo mancheys. Dashain comes every week for those in power while for most of us, it becomes an additional financial burden and we have to take loans to cover the Dashain expenses.